Working at Videocraft
Want to work with Videocraft?
Our mission is to provide the best quality facilities, knowledge and support to our customers in the production industry with cutting edge, effective and innovative solutions for the acquisition, production and delivery of media.
Videocraft is committed to:
· Creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment for its quality, service and personnel.
· Delivery of a service that exceeds our customers expectations.
· Ensuring all employees are fully trained in the skills required to carry out their role, as defined in their job description.
Current opportunities at Videocraft
WAREHOUSE PERSON / DRIVER
Videocraft specialises in sales and rentals of broadcast and professional video production and post-production equipment and are leaders in the field. We have offices in Melbourne and Sydney and regularly ship goods between these locations as well as overseas.
We have an immediate vacancy in our Artarmon office for an experienced warehouse person to take ownership of our warehouse procedures and practices to ensure it is running efficiently and safely, as well as ensuring security and accuracy in all stock movements. This is a full time and varied role and whilst most time will be spent in the warehouse, there will be some deliveries and pick-ups in our van. A current MR licence would be a definite advantage to assist with occasional truck driving to locations, refuelling or servicing.
The successful applicant must be fit and active, possess initiative, common sense, and a proactive can do attitude. You must be reliable with a bright personality and confident to liaise with suppliers as well as communicate clearly with other staff members.
To be successful, you must have
- Current clean NSW drivers licence (manual) with a good knowledge of Sydney and suburbs
- MR vehicle licence and driving experience an advantage
- Fork lift licence with experience
- Excellent computer skills and experience in using business systems
- Clear, fluent English both oral and written
- Previous experience in a similar role
- Excellent organisational skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Ability to work as part of a team or autonomously
- Strong OH&S awareness
- Receiving and processing of goods inwards into system
- Barcoding stock
- Maintaining accurate recording of all stock movements
- Following up damaged, missing or short shipments with suppliers or carriers
- Assist with events/projects from time to time
- Assist our rentals and sales teams as required
- Maintaining a neat and organised warehouse
- General warehouse duties as required to maintain a clean and safe workplace
Salary will be above award and based on age and experience.
Applications by email only should be forwarded to firstname.lastname@example.org before 5 pm on Tuesday, 14th February.
Freelance Technical Directors
Videocraft is seeking the services of freelance technical television people for our busy and expanding rental business. The work would suit someone currently working freelance in OB or studio, in a technical director or engineering capacity, however many of our jobs also involve some operational skill, so we would also consider candidates with strong operational and/ or technical background. The job would involve sporadic and diverse work, coming out of our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices. Certain jobs involve interstate and international travel. We deal with a broad variety of clients and its never the same job twice. We are seeking motivated individuals to work as part of a team or unsupervised, to deliver the high standards our clients expect on these jobs
Skills that would be of an advantage would include:
· A passion for all things technical in Television Production
· Basic engineering level understanding of SDI, reference, timecode, analogue and digital audio, RTS comms signal paths.
· Computer networking as used in modern television facilities.
· Ability to setup and CCU camera chains, at a variety of levels from Sony EX3’s through to HDC1500 studio cameras, with associated lenses, tripods, CCU’s and RCP’s.
· Familiarity with the setup and operation of vision switchers from small Panasonic to Sony MVS series.
· Setup and operational experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles and peripherals.
· EVS technical or operational experience
· Avid technical or operational skills
· Previous Production, technical or operational experience in a studio or OB environment would be essential
· Client service and crew management skills a definite advantage.
Training would be provided. If you have some or all of these skills, and are looking for occasional work with our dynamic company, then please forward your CV using the link below