Working at Videocraft
Want to work with Videocraft?
Our mission is to provide the best quality facilities, knowledge and support to our customers in the production industry with cutting edge, effective and innovative solutions for the acquisition, production and delivery of media.
Videocraft is committed to:
· Creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment for its quality, service and personnel.
· Delivery of a service that exceeds our customers expectations.
· Ensuring all employees are fully trained in the skills required to carry out their role, as defined in their job description.
Current opportunities at Videocraft
BROADCAST SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Videocraft is a specialist provider of leading brands of broadcast television production equipment and post production systems. Our Artarmon office requires the immediate services of experienced, competent and self-motivated persons to support broadcast and system integration business. We are seeking enthusiastic engineers with the aptitude and willingness to expand their knowledge and skills in this dynamic role. These are responsible, full time positions requiring commitment, common sense and initiative. Regular travel to various locations locally and interstate will be required. Duties will concentrate on:
· Systems design, integration, set up and implementation both for sales, rentals and major events;
· After sales support (both on-site and remotely)
· On-site technical support at major sporting events, television productions and similar occasions where on call technical support is required for the duration of the event.
Paid extended hours, after hours and weekend work will be required during some of these events.
We will consider a junior Broadcast Engineer with appropriate qualifications or practical experience, as well as more experienced applicants. Skills which would be an advantage include:
· Experience in basic video, audio, control and data systems, as used in modern broadcasting and OB environments
· Cisco CCNA, CCNP qualifications
· Microsoft MCSE qualification
· Demonstrated experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of digital video and audio systems.
· Good working knowledge of networking broadcast equipment in an IT based environment.
· Experience in configuring EVS servers, Avid editing and shared storage systems
· Avid ACSR certification would be an advantage.
· Excellent demonstrated interpersonal, technical and analytical skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure in fast paced ‘on-air’ environments are essential.
· Ability to work unsupervised is essential, and people management skills would be an advantage
· AutoCAD, VidCAD or similar drafting skills are also desirable
Whilst preference may be given to experienced persons, if you fulfil most of the above criteria, have passion, aptitude and willingness to bring your skills up to a higher level, your application will be considered. Salary package is negotiable and your experience will be well rewarded.
You must be prepared to work hard in a friendly team environment, possess excellent communication and organisational skills, a bright personality and be able to work with minimal supervision. A pleasant and confident manner with very clear spoken English is essential. Current driving licence is essential.
Applications should detail your skills and experience with the above systems and should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org before by 5pm on Wednesday, 5th April.
Videocraft is an established sales and rentals company specialising in providing innovative solutions to the Australian broadcast television and production industry. We are leading suppliers of a broad range of products and services including Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Avid and EVS products and systems and we strive to maintain this position with excellence in customer service. We currently have a vacancy for an experienced Technical Assistant to join our rentals team in our Artarmon office.
This is a responsible, full time, hands on position and duties include:
· handling customer rentals enquiries and taking bookings
· preparation, cleaning and testing of equipment for rental and checking on return
· arranging deliveries
· creating documentation
· following company processes and procedures
The successful applicant requires:
· a genuine interest in video production equipment
· fitness and enthusiasm
· a bright, happy personality and a desire to succeed
· ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
· technical aptitude and a willingness to learn
· strong computer skills
· attention to detail – absolutely essential in every aspect of this role
· excellent communication skills
· pleasant and confident phone manner with clear spoken English
· exceptional organisational skills
· current driving licence
While recent hands-on experience in a similar role or recent current and relevant product knowledge is preferred, we will consider applicants who have a genuine interest and aptitude in this equipment and industry. Recent graduates from relevant TAFE or University courses will also be considered. Training will be provided. Salary is negotiable according to age and experience.
If you believe you have the qualities we need and more, and are prepared to work hard in a friendly team environment, please send your application through Seek including CV to email@example.com by 5.00 pm on Friday, 31st March, 2017.
*Note that interviews may be conducted prior to the closing date if well qualified applications are received.
Freelance Technical Directors
Videocraft is seeking the services of freelance technical television people for our busy and expanding rental business. The work would suit someone currently working freelance in OB or studio, in a technical director or engineering capacity, however many of our jobs also involve some operational skill, so we would also consider candidates with strong operational and/ or technical background. The job would involve sporadic and diverse work, coming out of our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices. Certain jobs involve interstate and international travel. We deal with a broad variety of clients and its never the same job twice. We are seeking motivated individuals to work as part of a team or unsupervised, to deliver the high standards our clients expect on these jobs
Skills that would be of an advantage would include:
· A passion for all things technical in Television Production
· Basic engineering level understanding of SDI, reference, timecode, analogue and digital audio, RTS comms signal paths.
· Computer networking as used in modern television facilities.
· Ability to setup and CCU camera chains, at a variety of levels from Sony EX3’s through to HDC1500 studio cameras, with associated lenses, tripods, CCU’s and RCP’s.
· Familiarity with the setup and operation of vision switchers from small Panasonic to Sony MVS series.
· Setup and operational experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles and peripherals.
· EVS technical or operational experience
· Avid technical or operational skills
· Previous Production, technical or operational experience in a studio or OB environment would be essential
· Client service and crew management skills a definite advantage.
Training would be provided. If you have some or all of these skills, and are looking for occasional work with our dynamic company, then please forward your CV using the link below