Blackmagic Design 6K Super 35mm Pocket Cinema Camera Body
- Active Canon EF Mount
- Super 35-Sized HDR Sensor
- Record 6K 6144 x 3456 up to 50 fps
- Dual Native 400 & 3200 ISO to 25,600
- 5" 1920 x 1080 Touchscreen Display
- Record up to 120 fps Windowed HD
- CFast 2.0 & SD/UHS-II Card Slots
- External Recording via USB Type-C
- 13-Stop Dynamic Range, 3D LUT Support
- Includes DaVinci Resolve Studio License
The Blackmagic Design 6K Super 35mm Compact Pocket Cinema Camera Body records up to 50 fps 6144 x 3456 video and features a Canon EF mount, letting users take advantage of the expansive array of EF-mount lenses available.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K packs an incredible number of high end digital film features into a miniaturized, handheld design. Made from lightweight carbon fiber polycarbonate composite, the camera features a multifunction handgrip with all controls for recording, ISO, WB and shutter angle right at their fingertips. Because it's an advanced digital film camera, the sensor is designed to reduce thermal noise allowing cleaner shadows and higher ISO. Plus the large 5 inch LCD makes it possible to get perfect focus at 4K and 6K resolutions.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K Features
- Use for independent films, documentaries, blogs and more.
- Designed from carbon fiber polycarbonate composite.
- Multifunction grip allows single hand operation.
- 2 models with 6K at 6144 x 3456 and 4K at 4096 x 2160.
- Compatible with MFT or EF lens mounts.
- Wide 13 stops of dynamic range for film looks.
- Up to 25600 ISO for incredible low light performance.
- Records full resolution up to 60 fps or 120 fps windowed.
- Standard open file formats compatible with popular software.
- Built in SD, UHS-II and CFast card recorders.
- Features incredible quality Blackmagic RAW recording.
- Built in 5" touchscreen allows accurate focus when shooting 6K.
- Blackmagic OS as used in URSA Mini and URSA Broadcast cameras.
- Includes Blackmagic Generation 4 Color Science.
- Features full size HDMI for monitoring with status overlay.
- Professional mini XLR input with 48 volt phantom power.
- 3D LUTs can be applied for both monitoring and recording.
- USB-C port allows recording directly to external disk.
- Built in timecode generator for sync muli-camera shoots.
- Supports still frame capture up to 21.2 megapixel.
- Localized for 11 popular languages.
- Supports remote camera control via Bluetooth.
- Powers via 12V DC input and can recharge via USB-C.
- Includes full DaVinci Resolve Studio for post production.
Featuring a larger 6144 x 3456 Super 35 sensor and EF lens mount, the Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 6K lets customers use larger EF photographic lenses to create cinematic images with shallower depth of field, allowing creative defocussed backgrounds and gorgeous bokeh effects. This means that customers can shoot in 6K and then in post production zoom and re-frame to allow wide shots and close ups to be created, all from a single camera and without losing image quality.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera 4K and 6K both have an incredible 13 stops of dynamic range which means they preserve more detail in the lightest and darkest areas of an image than simple video cameras can. This allows customers to set exposure for an indoor scene such as a cafe and still retain the details of bright outdoor light coming through a window. Customers even get more colors than the standard DCI-P3 colorspace used for feature films.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features dual gain ISO up to 25,600, which means both the 4K and 6K models are optimized to minimize grain or noise in images, while maintaining the full dynamic range of the sensor. The native ISO of 400 is ideal for scenes with on-set lighting. The gain is set automatically as they adjust the ISO setting on the camera, so it's easy to capture great images when they don’t have time to set up lights.
The new 6K model will shoot up to 50 fps at 6144 x 3456 16:9 or 60 fps at 6144 x 2560 2.4:1 and 60 fps at 5744 x 3024 17:9. For higher frame rates they can window the sensor and shoot up to 120 fps at 2.8K 2868 x 1512 17:9. Customers can even work in true anamorphic 6:5 using anamorphic lenses in 3.7K 60 fps at 3728 x 3104.
Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera records using standard open file formats so customers don’t have to waste time transcoding media. Recording works in industry standard 10-bit Apple ProRes files in all formats up to 4K or 12-bit Blackmagic RAW in all formats up to 6K. Best of all media files work on all operating systems plus customers can format media cards and disks in HFS+ for Mac and ExFAT for Windows.
The Blackmagic Pocket Cinema Camera features built in CFast and SD UHS-II card recorders, and a USB-C expansion port for recording direct to an external media disk. Customers can use regular SD cards for HD or higher performance UHS-II and CFast cards for native 4K or 6K when using Blackmagic RAW. Imagine capturing over an hour of full resolution 6K images on a single 256GB SD UHS-II card.
|Image Sensor Size||23.1 x 12.99 mm (Super35)|
|Sensor Resolution||6144 x 3456|
|Shutter Type||Rolling Shutter|
|ISO||100 to 25,600 (Expanded)|
|Advertised Dynamic Range||13 Stops|
|Lens Mount||Canon EF|
|Built-In ND Filter||None|
|Built-In Microphone Type||Stereo|
|Recording Media||1 x CFast 2.0 Card Slot|
1 x SDXC UHS-II Card Slot
|Screen Resolution||1920 x 1080|
|Battery Type||Canon LP-E6|
|Power Connectors||1 x Weipu SF610/S2 Input|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F / -20 to 45°C|
|Operating Humidity||0 to 90%|
|Accessory Mount||1 x 1/4"-20 Female|
|Tripod Mounting Thread||1/4"-20 Female|
|Material of Construction||Carbon Fiber|
|Dimensions||7 x 4 x 3.8" / 177.8 x 101.6 x 96.52 mm|
|Weight||1.98 lb / 898 g|
What's In The Box
- Blackmagic Design Pocket Cinema Camera 6K (Canon EF)
- Lens Port Cap
- Camera Strap
- Power Supply with International Adapters (30W)
- LP-E6 Battery
- DaVinci Resolve Studio Activation Key
- Limited 1-Year Warranty
- Recording Media
- Cine Lenses
- Note the Canon lens in the photo is not included and for display purposes only