Blackmagic Design Smartscope Duo 4K Rack Mounted Dual 6G-SDI Monitors
- Supports SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI
- Auto Format Sensing & Selection
- 1 x Loop Through SDI I/O per Monitor
- Select Video, Waveform, Vectorscope
- RGB Parade, YUV Parade, Histogram
- Audio Phase & Levels
- Software Control via Ethernet
- Industry Compatible Tally System
- 3 Rack Unit Size for Mounting
- Auto Orientation Sensing & Image Flip
The Blackmagic Design Smartscope Duo 4K Rack Mounted Dual 6G-SDI Monitors is a monitoring solution for studio and location productions that can display video with resolutions up to 3840 x 2160 at 30p. It features two 8" monitors each with a loop through SDI input and output. The inputs are auto sensing/selecting so you don't have to worry about matching the input format, the monitor will display any supported format that you feed it. You can choose to select to display either the input video or one of six scope displays, while the input video passes through the monitor to downstream devices.
Monitors SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI Signals
The Smartscope Duo 4K allows you to monitor SD, HD, 2K, and 4K (3840 x 2160) video. The inputs are auto sensing/switching to match the supported input video format. Each monitor features one 6G input and one reclocked loop through 6G output.
Video or Scope View
You can select from either the video feed or one of six scope views of the video signal:
- Waveform: displays the luminance component of the video signal on an IRE scale.
- Vectorscope: allows you to accurately measure colors in the video signal, and it is a valuable tool when matching cameras, or when you need to align the hue on the output of decks.
- Parade: You can choose to display either RGB or YUV Parade. RGB Parade lets you check for illegal colors, plotting them against an IRE Scale. The YUV Parade display shows the YUV component video as it is transmitted down the SDI cable.
- Audio Views: allows you to monitor 16 channels of audio, checking the levels and the audio phase. You can monitor the levels of all 16 channels at the same time or monitor the stereo phase of SDI audio pairs. The stereo phase meter plots left and right audio as an XY scope display, and out of phase audio can be seen as a left or right leaning display.
- Histogram: The Histogram view lets you see where the pixels are in your video, and how they are distributed from black to white. You can see where the overall exposure is, and if you are exposing the brighter areas of your image with enough detail.
The monitor features an Ethernet in and an Ethernet out port, and you set up the unit using the USB 2.0 port. After that you use the included free control utility with either a Mac or Windows computer via the Ethernet connection to select your views and make any adjustments to the monitor for brightness and color.
Each monitor supports the Tally function with different colored borders indicating the Tally condition: preview, on air, and recording. The tally connector is compatible with switchers and automation systems.
SmartView monitors may be installed in the extreme top or bottom of equipment racks. The SmartView monitor will automatically sense the rotation angle of the screen and flip the image to the correct rotation. You can even remove the front panel and rotate it 180 degrees if required.
2048 x 1080PsF 23.98/24/25
2048 x 1080p 23.98/24/25
2048 x 1556PsF 23.98/24/25
3840 x 2160p 23.98/24/25/29.97/30
|SDI Compliance||SMPTE 259M|
|Audio Sampling||48 KHz|
|Screen Size||8" (20.3 cm)|
1 x SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI per monitor
1 x SD/HD/3G/6G-SDI reclocked loop through per monitor
16 Channel embedded in SDI signal
16 Channel embedded in SDI signal
|Tally||1 x 9-pin D connector|
|Computer Interface||2 x Ethernet (1 x in, 1 x out)|
USB 2.0 (software updates and Ethernet configuration)
|Computer Requirements||Mac Os|
OS X 10.7 or later
OS x 10.8 or later
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F (0 to 40°C)|
|Storage Temperature||-4 to 113°F (-20 to 45°C)|
|Relative Humidity||0 to 90% non-condencing|
|Power Requirements||12 to 15 VDC|
|Power Consumption||Less than 20W|
|Dimensions (WxHxD)||19 x 5.2 x 1.3" (48.3 x 13.3 x 3.2 cm)|
|Weight||3.37 lb (1.53 kg)|
What's In The Box
- Power Supply
- Software CD
- Limited 1-Year Warranty