Blackmagic Design today announced both the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K andthe Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera. Both to be available in July 2015. The Micro Studio Camera 4k is an incredibly tiny Ultra HD and HD studio camera for live production. Small enough to fit in the palm of your hand and features a broadcast grade Ultra HD sensor.The new Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K can be used for both HD and Ultra HD production and features a built in color corrector, talkback, tally indicator, PTZ control output, B4 lens control output, and an extremely flexible MFT lens mount that is easily converted to other lens mounts via third party adapters. The small size of the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K makes it perfect for live multi camera production of reality TV shows, news magazines, sporting events, concerts and more. It’s virtually invisible and can be hidden just about anywhere on set. They can be hidden on stage to get incredible shots of live performances or, because they’re so small, safely flown overhead during sporting events. The Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K is engineered with a super tough magnesium alloy core in a body that’s not much larger than the lens mount itself. It’s compatible with affordable, high performance MFT lenses, or customers can add a B4 adapter to work with traditional broadcast lenses. The camera also features 6G-SDI output and a program return input that allows it to be controlled remotely from a switcher using Blackmagic’s SDI control protocol. This lets customers change camera settings, color balance, black levels, gamma, lens focus, iris, zoom and much more from any ATEM switcher. There’s also a flexible, new expansion port that makes the Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K perfect for remote use. The expansion port features multiple control connections such as a PTZ serial output connection that can be used with motorized heads and a B4 data link output for controlling broadcast lenses. “The Micro Studio Camera 4K is the world’s smallest and most expandable professional studio camera,” said Grant Petty, CEO, Blackmagic Design. “We’re excited to see how customers are going to use it to create better looking, more compelling programs with more angles than ever before because they’ve now got an affordable studio camera that they can fit anywhere and that rivals much larger and more expensive cameras.”
Blackmagic Micro Studio Camera 4K Key Features
- Operates up to 2160p30 when operated in Ultra HD or up to 1080p60 when operated in HD.
- Supports SDI camera control protocol allowing full remote control vis single SDI connection.
- Compatible with high quality Micro Four Thirds lenses. Compatible with other mounts via common third party adapters such as B4 broadcast lens mount.
- Includes built in buttons along the front for quick access to menu navigation and settings.
- Includes a 12V power input or users can add an LP-E6 compatible battery for backup power.
- Includes an expansion port with a DB-HD15 connector for power, reference, PTZ and B4 connections.
- Expansion port supports multiple control connections such as PTZ serial output, B4 lens data link output and S.Bus input allowing customers to build customized camera control solutions.
- Built in, two way digital quality talkback connector using iPhone compatible headsets.
- Compatible with ATEM range of live production switchers for full SDI control of cameras.
Blackmagic Micro Cinema Camera Key Features
- High resolution 1080 HD, 13 stops of dynamic range.
- Switchable 60 fps rolling shutter or 30 fps global shutter.
- Features built in 12-bit RAW and ProRes recording and captures true digital film quality images.
- Features an active Micro Four Thirds lens mount. Easily adaptable to other lens mounts.
- Includes built in buttons along the front to quickly and easily change settings.
- Includes an expansion port with a DB-HD15 connector and breakout cable.
- Includes remote camera management, using the expansion port remotely start and stop recording, adjust focus, change the iris and also connect to video transmitters to monitor recording status, battery life and audio levels.
- Includes a HDMI connector for monitoring video output on any monitor or TV.
- Includes SD card slot for recording to high speed and low cost SD card media.
- Includes 3.5mm stereo input for connecting external microphones or to other line level devices.