Avid NEXIS 7.3.0, the latest release for all Avid NEXIS systems, is now available. It provides the following new features and enhancements:
Enhancements in Avid NEXIS | FS v7.3.0
- Avid NEXIS client kits packaged and available for Avid ISIS customers
- Avid NEXIS client can connect to Avid ISIS systems running ISIS v4.7.5 and newer
- Resolved Edit while capture that could lead to delayed write failure
- Resolved a reporting issue with Avid NEXIS | E5 power supply and fan information
- Removed the requirement (introduced in v7.2) that Avid NEXIS engine could PING the default IP gateway
- Support for macOS Sierra (v10.12.2) clients
- Support for Avid NEXIS File Gateway for open access
- Support for adding Avid NEXIS Engines and Media Packs to existing systems with mirror capable storage groups. This enables existing systems to add capacity and bandwidth to support larger workflows and additional material
- Seamless Engine Protection (Media Mirror with 2-disk protection)
- Redundant Networking
- Redundant Controllers
Avid NEXIS 7.3.0 is the recommended version for all Avid NEXIS systems including Avid NEXIS | E2, E4, E5 and Avid NEXIS | PRO. Note: Avid NEXIS 5.x and 6.x are no longer recommended or supported.Recommended and Supported Versions
Recommended for all Avid NEXIS systems and required for all systems with more than 24 Media Packs (MPs)
Introduced Avid NEXIS File Gateway and macOS Sierra client.
Avid NEXIS | PRO
Required for all Avid NEXIS | PRO storage
Minimum recommended for all Avid NEXIS Systems.
Includes stability enhancements and protection from misconfigured clients.
Avid NEXIS | FS 7.3.0 is now available in Avid Master (MyAvid) accounts of customers with a current support contract.
Avid NEXIS | Clients are available for Avid ISIS customers via the Avid Download Center.