UPDATE: Sony released the firmware downloaded for the FX9 today – you can find firmware and documents here https://pro.sony/en_AU/support-resources/pxw-fx9/software/00250129
Based on ongoing discussions between Sony and content creators, FX9 is gaining significant new capabilities through firmware updates.
Ver.3.0 upgrade is free of charge and will include below key features:
Further information and schedule will be updated later.
- S700PTP Remote Protocol
- Center Scan mode for Super 16mm lens
- B4 Lens support when using adaptor
Ver.2.0 upgrade is free of charge and available October 2020.
New Features & Improvements:
- Full-frame 4K 60p/50p recording with oversampling (image sensor scan size is around 5K)
- FHD 180fps shooting
- DCI 4K recording
- 16 bit RAW output (with XDCA-FX9)
- Support DWX digital wireless audio receiver (with XDCA-FX9)
- Eye-AF capability
- Support 6G-SDI
- Adds User 3D LUT function
- Adds HDR shooting function with Hybrid Log Gamma
- Support touch screen operation (regarding some status screen and some setting)
- Increased upper limit of Gain setting
- Support XLR-K3M with digital I/F
- Image quality improvement at S35 2K mode
For very latest Software, Firmware and multi-lingual Operations Manuals for FX9, please visit FX9 downloads page