Panasonic AJ-PX800G P2 HD AVC-Ultra Camcorder
The Panasonic AJ-PX800 P2 HD AVC-Ultra Camcorder is lighter than their previous 3 MOS ENG style cameras, and is a full-featured 2/3" ENG style video camera with an interchangeable lens system.
Suitable for newsgathering, the camera captures Full HD at up to 59.94p, recording to optional P2 cards, or micro P2 cards with an optional adapter. Using codecs in the AVCULtra family allows you a choice of compression and data rate to suit your needs, and you can record proxy files on optional SD cards using the built-in SD media card slot.
It features an SD/HD-SDI, and an HDMI output, as well as a monitor output switchable between SD/HD and Composite. With both Genlock in and Timecode In/Out the the camera is suitable for multi-camera and single camera news coverage. The camera comes ready to interface with your network via the built-in Ethernet connector. You can attach an optional USB dongle to the camera for wireless connectivity using WiFi, 4G, or LTE. The camera features a variety of in camera image settings, including Flash Band compensation, which minimizes the effects of still photo camera flashes captured on video. The built-in Uni Slot accepts optional wireless audio recording.
Image Processing and Settings
- Chromatic Aberration Compensation: When using a CAC compatible lens, the camera compensates for the small amount of circumjacent chromatic aberration (circumjacent blur) that is not corrected by the lens.
- Dynamic Range Stretcher: Suppresses blocked shadows and blown highlights to achieve a visually wide dynamic range.
- Advanced Flash Band Compensation.
- Select from 7 Gamma curves.
- Image adjustments include: H Detail, V Detail, Detail Coring, Skin Tone Detail, Chroma Level, Chroma Phase, Master Pedestal, Knee, Matrix (NORM1/NORM2/FLUO/CINE-LIKE), High Color, White Clip.
- The Scan reverse function allows you to horizontally or vertically flip your recording/display.
- 2x/4x digital zoom
- Slow shutter and Synchro scan function
Shooting Assist Functions
- User Interface "SmartUI": Multiple function can be set easily with minimum operation, requires optional compatible LCD display.
- Focus Assist: "EXPAND" for center zoomed image and "Focus-in-Red" can be displayed on optional viewfinder.
- Focus Bar: Focus level shown as bar.
- Scene Files/User Files: Up to eight scene files can be stored onto an SD memory card.
- Gain: The position gain selector with assignable gain levels up to +42 dB (Super Gain.)
- User Buttons: Allow you to assign frequently used functions to specific buttons.
- White Balance: The camera features Shockless White Balance and Auto White Balance with auto-tracking.
- The camera can display a simplified Waveform, Vectorscope display, as well as two different Zebra bar patters selectable from 0 to 109% in 1% steps.
- Y-Get: Measures brightness at center and displays numerical data.
- Display Marker: Displays center marker, safety zone, and frame marker.
AVC-ULTRA Codec Family
AVC-Intra: An intra-frame compression method that is highly suited to image production, AVC-Intra100/50.
AVC-LongG: An intra-frame compression method that is ideal for providing on-air content direct from the shooting location and for workflows that use content transferred over the internet. Three bit rates are available: AVC-LongG50/25/12 Mbps. AVC-LongG25 provide 10 bit/4:2:2 quality at a bit rate of approximately 25 Mbps
AVC-Proxy: Low-bit-rate, high-resolution, high-sound quality proxy video (Quick Time/H.264) includes metadata for efficient offline editing that can later be used to conform that original master files.
|Image Sensor||3 x 2/3" 2.2MP MOS sensors|
Effective resolution: 2.2MP
|Horizontal Resolution||Minimum 1000 TV Lines at Center|
|Lens Mount System||2/3" Bayonet|
1080/59.94i: F9 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection)
1080/50i: F10 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection)
1080/59.94i: F12 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection)
1080/50i: F13 (2000 lx, 3200 K, 89.9% reflection)
|Minimum Subject Illumination||Approx. 0.22 lx (HIGH SENS MODE, F1.4, +42 dB (S.GAIN))|
62 dB (standard)
|Shutter Speed||60i/60p mode: 1/60 (OFF), 1/100, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000|
30p mode: 1/30 (OFF), 1/50, 1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000
24p mode: 1/24 (OFF), 1/50, 1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000
50i/50p mode: 1/50 (OFF), 1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000, 1/2000
25p mode: 1/25 (OFF), 1/50, 1/60, 1/120, 1/250, 1/500, 1/1000
|Synchro Scan||60i/60p mode: 1/60.0 to 1/250.0|
30p mode: 1/30.0 to 1/250.0
24p mode: 1/24.0 to 1/250.0
50i/50p mode: 1/50.0 to 1/250.0
25p mode: 1/25.0 to 1/250.0
|Slow Shutter Speed||60i/60p mode: 1/15, 1/30|
30p mode: 1/15
24p mode: 1/12
50i/50p mode: 1/12.5, 1/12.5
25p mode: 1/12.5
|Shutter Opening Angle||3.0 to 360.0° (in 0.° steps)|
-3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30 dB
-6. -3, 0, 3, 6, 9, 12, 15, 18, 21, 24, 27, 30 dB
30, 36, 42 dB
|ND Filters||Clear, 1/4, 1/16, 1/64|
|LCD Display||4.3", 1.15MP|
What's In The Box
- Shoulder Strap
- Lens Port Cap
- Limited 2-Year Warranty