Rode NTG5 Broadcast Short Shotgun Microphone
- Revolutionary acoustic design with a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm)
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating
The Rode NTG5 Broadcast Shotgun Microphone sets a new standard featuring a short, ultra-lightweight, broadcast-grade microphone ideal for use in the most demanding recording applications. The Rode NTG-5 shotgun mic features a groundbreaking acoustic port design providing a superior progressive wave interference, ultra-lightweight construction, and crystal clear, broadcast-grade sound, and is a revolution in shotgun microphone design aimed at the professional user.
- Revolutionary acoustic design, offers improved acoustic transparency and a natural, uncoloured sound.
- Extremely lightweight (just 76g), short shotgun microphone (just 203mm), making it far easier to handle on set than other shotgun mics, especially when used on a boom pole.
- Tailored frequency response and very low self-noise of just 10dbA, making it ideal for location recording, professional filmmaking, and other critical recording situations.
- Highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response.
- RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure superior performance in adverse weather conditions
Revolutionary Acoustic Design
The first thing you will notice about the NTG5 is the striking new body. The design has been completely overhauled, with circular acoustic ports replacing the linear slots found in other shotgun mics. The revolutionary design is the result of many months of specialised acoustic testing that began during the development of the TF5 – our new premium small diaphragm condenser mic designed in collaboration with legendary engineer Tony Faulkner. The TF5’s capsule features a unique perforated acoustic vent design and this breakthrough lead us to completely reimagine the NTG5’s design, with acoustic perforations employed along the length of the microphone.
The result is a shotgun mic with unmatched acoustic transparency, and a natural, uncoloured sound that will sound superb in a wide variety of applications. The annular line tube technology intrinsic to the NTG5’s design sets it apart from all other microphones in its category, and will see this microphone take its place as a future industry standard.
A Boom Operator's Dream
The NTG5 features a short, super lightweight aluminium body (just 76g!), making it one of the most compact professional shotgun mics on the market – a dream for boom operators who find themselves on long, demanding shoots, or filmmakers and sound recordists looking for a more portable and lightweight rig that delivers broadcast-grade audio.
The Perfect Location Recording Mic
Boasting a tightly controlled frequency response and very low self-noise, the NTG5 sounds spectacular in a wide variety of applications, particularly location recording and demanding filmmaking scenarios where superlative audio is imperative. No excuses.
RF-bias technology and conformal coating ensure the NTG5 is reliable in adverse environments. It is designed to be taken everywhere, with excellent resistance to wet conditions, high humidity, severe cold, and dust. The NTG5 comes in a complete location recording kit, featuring the new WS10 windshield, redesigned pistol grip, and other accessories – it’s ready to be taken into the field right out of the box.
The NTG5’s highly directional supercardioid polar pattern and smooth off-axis response deliver superb audio whether used on a boom pole, pistol grip, or on-camera. It is ideal for capturing dialogue and other detailed sound sources in any environment and will out-perform high-end shotgun microphones that cost several
|Operating Principle||Line Gradient|
|Windscreen||Foam, Windsock/Windjammer (Included)|
|Frequency Range||20 Hz to 20 kHz |
80 Hz to 20 kHz ±3 dB
|Maximum SPL||130 dB SPL|
|Off-Axis Rejection||4 dB at 60°|
20 dB at 120°
24 dB at 180°
|Sensitivity||-23.5 dBV/Pa at 1 kHz|
|Signal-to-Noise Ratio||84 dB|
|Equivalent Noise Level||10 dB A-Weighted|
|Output Connectors||1 x XLR 3-Pin Male (on Mic)|
|Operating Voltage||48 V|
|Operating Current Consumption||2 mA|
|Mounting||Mic Clip, Shockmount (with Included Hardware)|
|Dimensions||ø: 0.75 x L: 7.99" / ø: 19.00 x L: 203.00 mm (Microphone)|
H: 9.45 x W: 2.36 x L: 4.61" / H: 240.00 x W: 60.00 x L: 117.00 mm (Mount)
|Weight||2.68 oz / 76 g (Microphone)|
7.90 oz / 224 g (Mount)
What's In The Box
- Rode NTG5 Broadcast Shotgun Microphone
- WS10 windshield
- pistol grip