Sennheiser MKH416 P48 Shotgun Short Tube Mic
- Pressure-Gradient Microphone
- For Film, Radio, Television
- Highly Immune to Humidity
- High Consonant Articulation
- High Feedback Rejection
- Includes MZ415 Windscreen
- Hypercardiod at Low and Mid Frequencies
- Lobar Pattern Above 2 kHz
The Sennheiser MKH416 Short Shotgun Interference Tube Microphone is designed as a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. Very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Ideal for boom, fish pole, and camera mounting.
Sennheiser's MKH 416 transformerless, RF condenser is designed as a combination of pressure gradient and interference tube microphones. Very good feedback rejection, low proximity effect, 130 dB/SPL. Rugged and resistant to changing climate conditions. Ideal for boom, fishpole, and camera mounting. Its excellent directivity and compact design, high consonant articulation and feedback rejection make the MKH 416 a superb all-around microphone for film, radio and television, especially for outside broadcast applications.
- Interference Tube Principle
- Pressure gradient receiver with short interference tube
- Employs RF-technology to control residual microphone noise. Optimizing the transducer's acoustic impedance results in a further improvement in low noise performance.
- The RF-design yields exceptionally low noise levels and is virtually immune to humidity and moisture.
- The comparatively low RF-voltage across the elements of the transducer also eliminates arcing and DC-bias creeping currents.
- Hypercardioid at low and medium frequency, above 2kHz approaches lobar pattern
- Very low inherent self-noise
- High sensitivity
- Transformerless and fully floating balanced output
- Rugged, suitable for adverse climatic conditions
- Matt black all-metal body Increased directivity
- Optimum S/N ratio
- Lower gain on input channels required
- Lowest noise and greatest signal stability
- Highly immune to humidity in all conditions.
- Extremely stable.
- Visually "low key"
- Transducer Pressure Gradient/Interference Receiver Condenser
- Polar Pattern Supercardioid/Lobar
- Frequency Response 40 Hz - 20 KHz
- Dynamic Range (Typical) 117 dB
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio 81 dB
- Maximum Input Sound Level 130 dB, (@ 1 KHz) Sensitivity 25 mV/Pa +/- 1dB
- Power Requirements Phantom Power 48v, (± 12v)
- Output Impedance Nominal Impedance: 25 Ohms Minimum Terminating Impedance: 800 Ohms
- Output Connectors XLR-3M Type
- Pad None
- Low Frequency Roll-Off None
- Applications Film, Radio and Television, Especially for Outside Broadcast Applications.
- Dimensions 250 x 19mm LxDiameter
- Weight 175 g
What's In The Box
- MKH 416 P 48 U 3 Microphone
- MZW 415 windshield
- MZQ 100 microphone clamp