Sony Alpha a7C Mirrorless Digital Camera Body in Silver
The Sony Alpha a7C Mirrorless Digital Camera Body in Silver mixes the quality and advantages of a full-frame sensor with an especially portable and sleek body design. Featuring a 24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS sensor, the Sony a7C offers hybrid abilities to suit both photo and video recording needs along with a form factor for everyday, all-day carry. The full-frame sensor and BIONZ X image processor offer up to a 15 stop dynamic range along with UHD 4K video recording, extended sensitivity from ISO 50-204800, and a top continuous shooting rate of 10 fps for working with moving subjects. The sensor also houses a Fast Hybrid AF system, which uses 693 phase-detection points and 425 contrast detection areas for quick, intelligent, and precise autofocus performance with support for Real-time Eye AF and Tracking AF technologies. Also benefiting both photo and video needs is 5-axis in-body image stabilisation, which compensates for up to five stops of camera shake for sharper handheld shooting.
24.2MP Exmor R BSI CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Image Processor
UHD 4K Video Recording in XAVC S Format
- Compact and lightweight body design, along with a rangefinder-inspired layout, make the a7C a sleek and portable camera for everyday shooting. Compared to other a7-series cameras, the a7C is approximately 20% smaller and lighter, akin to the size of an APS-C-format camera.
- A 0.39"-type XGA OLED electronic viewfinder is featured and has a 2.36m-dot resolution and 0.59x magnification for bright, clear viewing in high detail.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot rear LCD features a side-open vari-angle design along to benefit working from high, low, and front-facing angles. It's also a touchscreen for intuitive control and playback.
- Magnesium-alloy chassis along with a weather-sealed design offers a durable overall construction for use in a variety of conditions.
- The large-capacity NP-FZ100 battery offers approximately 740 shots per charge when working with the rear LCD or 680 shots per charge when working with the EVF.
- Single SD memory card slot is rated to support UHS-II memory cards for fast transfer speeds.
- A USB 3.2 Gen 1 Type-C port offers for fast and reliable tethering support and also allows the camera to be charged from the host power source while connected.
- Multi Interface Shoe supports working with the optional ECM-B1M Shotgun Microphone or XLR-K3M XLR Adapter Kit, which provide improved, clear audio recording sound by sending a digital audio signal to the camera, opposed to an analog signal.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are available for greater audio recording control.
- Built-in Wi-Fi enables the a7C to instantly share imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Support for both 2.4 and 5.0 GHz bands also enables wireless tethered shooting support. NFC (Near Field Communication) is also supported, which allows for one-touch connection between the camera and compatible mobile devices; no complex set-up is required. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and remotely control the camera's shutter.
- Bluetooth connectivity allows for location data acquisition
Fast Hybrid AF System
5-Axis SteadyShot INSIDE Image Stabilization
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Camera Format||Full-Frame (1x Crop Factor)|
|Pixels||Actual: 25.3 Megapixel|
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel
|Maximum Resolution||6000 x 4000|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Sensor Size||35.6 x 23.8 mm|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Sensor-Shift, 5-Axis|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 51200 (Extended: 50 to 204800)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
1/4000 to 30 Second
1/8000 to 30 Second
|Metering Method||Average, Center-Weighted Average, Highlight Weighted, Multi-Zone, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-3 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent, Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 10 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 223 Frames (JPEG) / 115 Frames (Raw)|
Up to 8 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 6 fps at 24.2 MP
Up to 3 fps at 24.2 MP
|Recording Modes||H.264/XAVC S 4:2:0 8-Bit|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 8-Bit|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/50i/50p/59.94i/59.94p
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
External Microphone Input
|Audio File Format||Linear PCM|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 693|
Contrast Detection: 425
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-4 to +20 EV|
|Viewfinder Type||Electronic (OLED)|
|Viewfinder Resolution||2,359,296 Dot|
|Viewfinder Eye Point||20 mm|
|Viewfinder Magnification||Approx. 0.59x|
|Diopter Adjustment||-4 to +3|
|Monitor Resolution||921,600 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill Flash, Hi-Speed Sync, Off, Rear Sync, Red-Eye Reduction, Slow Sync, Wireless|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/160 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC (UHS-II)|
|Connectivity||USB Type-C (USB 3.2 Gen 1), HDMI D (Micro), 3.5mm Headphone, 3.5mm Microphone|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery||1 x NP-FZ100 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 2280 mAh (Approx. 740 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.9 x 2.8 x 2.4" / 124 x 71.1 x 59.7 mm|
|Weight||1.1 lb / 509 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
What's In The Box
- Sony Alpha a7C Mirrorless Digital Camera (Body Only, Silver)
- AC Adapter
- USB Type-A to USB Type-C Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Accessory Shoe Cap
- Limited 1-Year Warranty