Sony FE 16-35mm F4 PZ G Lens
- E-Mount Lens in Full-Frame Format
- Aperture Range: f/4 to f/22
- Power Zoom Mechanism; Internal Zoom
- Super ED, ED, and Aspherical Elements
- Dual XD Linear AF Motors
- Suppressed Focus Breathing
- Physical Aperture Ring; De-Click Switch
- Fluorine Coating, Weather-Sealed Design
- Rounded 7-Blade Diaphragm
The Sony FE 16-35mm F4 PZ G Lens is ultralight full frame F4 wide-angle power-zoom lens, powering today's content creators with refined imagery, expression, and control. A new power zoom system in a compact lens is suitable for small crews or solo shooting. It is ideal for stills and rendering and astonishing AF performance.
Optimised for Video
- The electronically controlled Power Zoom mechanism enables making smooth zooms during takes, with control possible via the lens body or from select camera bodies.
- Power Zoom can be used in conjunction with Sony camera's Clear Image Zoom function, which can further extend the effective reach by up to 2x while maintaining near original image quality. If the lens's zoom speed is set to Slow, and the zoom control is performed remotely from the camera body, the zooming transition will be seamless from optical zoom to Clear Image Zoom.
- Power Zoom mechanism uses four XD linear motors for precise, fast, and quiet zooming movement.
- Internal zoom and internal focus design maintains the overall lens length during operation.
- Aperture ring can be de-clicked for smooth, silent, and seamless iris switching during recording.
- Smooth Motion Optics (SMO) suppresses focus breathing to help maintain compositional accuracy when changing focus. This lens is also compatible with the Breathing Compensation function in select Alpha camer
- Wide-angle zoom design covers ultra-wide to standard wide focal lengths and a constant f/4 maximum aperture offers consistency and a strong balance between brightness and a compact design.
- Two Advanced Aspherical (AA) elements and one aspherical element help achieve high sharpness and suppress distortion and spherical aberrations.
- Super ED and ED elements promote greater clarity and color accuracy by reducing chromatic aberrations.
- One ED Aspherical element further contributes to impressive image quality by correcting for a variety of aberrations.
- Special attention has been given to achieve consistent and sharp performance throughout the zoom and focus ranges for maximum versatility.
- Rounded seven-blade diaphragm contributes a smooth bokeh quality.
Versatile Focusing Performance
- Internal focusing design offers more responsive focusing performance and maintains a consistent overall lens length during operation.
- Suitable for close-up shooting, the minimum focusing distance at the 16mm position is 11" and, at the 35mm position, is 9.4" with a 0.23x maximum magnification.
Portable Design, Intuitive Handling
- Impressively lightweight and sleek design suits everyday handheld use and is ideal for travel applications.
- Dust- and moisture-resistant design suits working in inclement conditions and a fluorine coating has also been applied to the front element to resist dust, oils, and fingerprints, and to also make cleaning the front element easier.
- Integrated Power Zoom control on lens barrel for simple focal length adjustment. When used on select Sony cameras, Power Zoom can also be used via on-camera controls.
- Intuitive design includes separate aperture/iris, focus, and zoom rings for responsive and natural settings adjustment.
|Focal Length||16 to 35mm|
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Lens Format Coverage||Full-Frame|
|Angle of View||107° to 63°|
|Minimum Focus Distance||9.4" / 24 cm|
|Optical Design||13 Elements in 12 Groups|
|Diaphragm Blades||7, Rounded|
|Filter Size||72 mm (Front)|
|Dimensions (ø x L)||3.2 x 3.5" / 80.5 x 88.1 mm|
|Weight||12.5 oz / 353 g|
What's In The Box
- Sony FE 16-35mm F4 PZ G Lens
- Sony ALC-F72S 72mm Front Lens Cap
- Sony ALC-R1EM Rear Lens Cap
- ALC-SH172 Lens Hood
- Lens Case
- Limited 1-Year Warranty