The HVR-M35P is the flagship of our compact HDV VTR range with unrivalled production flexibility due to its support for a huge range of HDV/DVCAM/DV formats - making it ideal for inclusion in any workflow based on these formats. Whatever your requirements today or tomorrow, the HVR-M35P is designed to be your perfect partner.
A key feature of the HVR-M35P is its compatibility with HDV native progressive recording on the new HVR-Z7E and HVR-S270E camcorders. It also supports playback of 720P HDV material and provides an HD/SD-SDI output with embedded audio and TC data. A high resolution LCD screen in the front panel provides for easy monitoring whatever your production set-up.
The HVR-M35P is the ultimate in workflow flexibility for both HDV and DVCAM users.
- HD/SD-SDI Output HD/SD-SDI output allows duplication to a deck with HD/SD-SDI input, for example an XDCAM or HDCAM deck.
- Multi-format Playback/Recording Capability The HVR-M35P supports HDV native progressive recording modes and has a 60i/50i switchable function, so it can playback/record: HDV1080i: 60i/50i/24p/30p/25p DVCAM/DV:60i/50i The HDV720p(24/25/30p) tape playback is available for a simple viewing. * No i.LINK output for HDV720p
- Dual-size Cassette Mechanism The HVR-M35P accepts both standard and mini size HDV, DVCAM, and DV cassettes without using any special adaptor. Standard size cassettes allow recording times of up 276 minutes and can also used by most DVCAM/HDV shoulder-mount camcorders including the new HVR-S270E. Sony DigitalMaster™ is the highest specification and most reliable tape for HDV, DVCAM and DV usage.
- Four Channel Audio Data Playback The HVR-M35P can play back the four-channel audio data in HDV1080i format recorded by the HVR-S270E. It can also play back the four-channel audio data in DVCAM format. The four-channel audio data is embedded in the i.LINK and HD/SD-SDI output, or is output through the AES/EBU audio connectors.
- Down-conversion Capabilities The HVR-M35P can convert material from HD down to SD, and output the SD video signal through its i.LINK, SD-SDI, analogue component, S-video, and composite connectors. This allows users to edit recorded material with a compatible nonlinear editing system using current DV editing software, as well as record SD signals to an external VTR.When down-converting these signals, the aspect ratio displayed can be converted from 16:9 to 4:3. Display modes can be selected from Squeeze, Letterbox, and Edge Crop. Letterbox output is not available from the i.LINK connector. For HDV recording with four channels audio data, the audio data in the down-converted DV signal is selectable from either 1/2ch or 3/4ch.
- 50/60Hz Switchable The HVR-M35P is compatible with both 50 and 60 Hz use - providing greater user flexibility to make and edit productions on a worldwide basis.
- HDV/DV IN TC The HVR-M35P is equipped with HDV/DV IN TC, enabling time code synchronization with external equipment - ideal when dubbing tapes or recording to tapes with material edited by nonlinear editing systems.
- 2.7-inch LCD Monitor A 2.7" wide LCD panel with monaural speaker enables operators to check 16:9 aspect pictures images, audio level meter and set-up menu."Clear Photo LCD plus" technology further improves the visibility of previous LCDs, offering more detailed and colourful reproduction of objects in dark or bright places.
- Duplicate Plus The DUPLICATE PLUS function makes it easy to copy video and audio from a VTR or camcorder onto the HVR-M35P – along with the original time code. Operators simply connect the two i.LINK devices together via their i.LINK interfaces and press the DUPLICATE PLUS and PLAY buttons on the front panel of the HVR-M35P. Copying will then begin.
- Edge Crop Adjust The HVR-M35P is able to adjust the edge crop position when down converting from HD (16:9 aspect ratio) to SD (4:3 aspect ratio). By displaying the edge crop marker on the monitor, you can check the crop position on the LCD monitor before down converting.
- Custom Repeat The HVR-M35P has an Auto Repeat function that enables it to repeatedly play back a program. In addition, the HVR-M35P has a Custom Repeat function that allows operators to set a repeat number of times, a repeat interval, and a start time of repeat.
- Time code settings The time code can be preset using any number in H/M/S/F (hours/minutes/seconds/frames), for accurate tape-position information.
- Assign Buttons Other than the default functions, frequently used functions can be assigned for convenient and customized operation.
- Unique flexibility (including new HDV Progressive modes) The HVR-M35P is the ultimate in HDV/DVCAM/DV production flexibility with support for all of the below formats, including the native HDV progressive recording mode introduced with the HVR-Z7E and HVR-S270, as well the progressive scan mode of the HVR-V1E. 1080 50i/60i, 24p/25p/30p HDV formats 720P HDV format playback* (although not through i.Link) NTSC/ PAL DV/DVCAM formats
- Flexible Inputs and Outputs The HVR-M35P offers the most comprehensive I/O available at this price point including support for the new 4 audio channel HDV specification on the new HVR-Z7E and HVR-S270E.
- NEW HD/SD SDI output for use with dubbing to other HD or SD tape formats. NEW access to 4 channel XLR audio outputs. Access to 4 channel audio inputs via Phono.
- An affordable way to enjoy High Definition Through the HDV format Sony's HVR-M35P allows you to playback and record High Definition pictures on a standard DV format cassette - providing both a highly cost effective format and full 1080 line resolution.
- Watch as you work Excellent picture reproduction for viewing and cuing up tapes with the added benefit of audio. No need for an external picture monitor. Ease of use for reviewing content.
- Easy integration with the way you already work Continuity of Workflow can be very important. Enjoying the benefits of the HVR-M35P does not mean that you need to change the way you work. Like DVCAM VTR's, a full range of connectivity is available for external devices including Composite In/Out, S-Video In/Out, Component Out and i.LINK (IEEE1394). In addition, you can choose to convert your HDV footage with the in-built down-converter to output in Standard Definition if required.