Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera Body Only in White
- 24.2MP Exmor R CMOS APS-C sensor
- 4K video recording
- Vari-angle LCD screen
- Real-time tracking and Real-time Eye AF
- One touch bokeh button
- Built-in directional 3 capsule microphone
- Digital microphone compatibility via MI shoe
- Livestreaming capability via USB connection
The Sony Alpha ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera Body only in White is packed with vlogging features with the added flexibility of being able to inter-change lenses. Compatible with over 60 Sony E-Mount lenses, you can achieve any creative expression you desire. Containing a well-balanced feature set for both stills and video usage, the ZV-E10 is ideal for all content creators.
The Sony ZV-E10 pairs a large APS-C sensor and mirrorless versatility with a specialised feature-set built just for content creators. The ZV-E10 is an Alpha camera that brings improved image quality, greater choice of lenses, and increased control to up your creativity when shooting. It's a highly capable and portable camera but incorporates a series of design choices and shooting modes that are ideal for single-person productions. A vari-angle screen lets you accurately frame up shots, the integrated directional mic is purpose-built for recording more accurate sound from front-facing subjects, and shooting modes like Background Defocus and Product Showcase help you highlight specific subjects with ease.
The Sony ZV-E10 camera revolves around a 24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS sensor, which enables UHD 4K video recording up to 25p, Full HD recording at 120p, and stills shooting up to 11 fps. Sensitivity ranges from 100-32000 for working in a variety of lighting conditions and the sensor's design also integrates a 425-point Fast Hybrid AF system for accurate tracking and detection of subjects. The body design features an intuitive control layout along with the functional 3.0" vari-angle touchscreen LCD for intuitive settings control and framing. With audio being a main concern of vlogging and creative content, the ZV-E10 focuses on this aspect of recording by including a 3-capsule directional mic into the camera design as well as incorporating both 3.5mm mic and headphone ports and having the top Multi Interface shoe support a digital audio interface for improved audio quality.
Optimized Camera Design
- Rear 3.0 inch 921.6k-dot touchscreen LCD features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Side-opening screen allows for a redesigned top plate, which incorporates a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors.
- Both 3.5mm microphone and headphone ports are also featured for more advanced audio recording, and the Multi Interface Shoe also benefits audio recording capabilities. This accessory shoe supports a digital audio interface that helps to achieve lower noise during recording and also eliminates cable clutter and the need for external power when working with compatible shoe-mounted mics.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring. Also, the LCD can display a red border frame to further serve as an additional recording indicator.
- Live streaming is possible directly from the camera simply by connecting the camera to a computer or compatible mobile device via USB, allowing the camera's video and audio capabilities to be used for live social media and video conferencing. UVC and UAC standards are supported for improved picture and sound quality during streaming.
Specialized Shooting Modes
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product review or demonstration videos and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting of the attached lens, using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
24.2MP APS-C Exmor CMOS Sensor and BIONZ X Processor
- A revised APS-C-format 24.2MP Exmor CMOS sensor realizes smooth, nuanced image quality with minimal noise and high sensitivity from ISO 100-32000, which can further be expanded to ISO 51200 for working in low-light conditions.
- The sensor dimensions are approximately 3x larger than a 1" sensor, and up to 10x larger than some smartphone sensors, enabling greater sensitivity, reduced noise, and improved control over depth of field.
- The sensor and BIONZ X processor combination also avails a top continuous-shooting rate of 11 fps with AF and AE and permits 14-bit raw file output for a wide tonal and color scale.
4K Video Recording
- UHD 4K video recording is possible up to 30p and uses full pixel readout with 6K oversampling to yield greater detail with reduced moiré and aliasing. Full HD 1080p recording is also supported in frame rates up to 120 fps, and both resolutions utilize the 100 Mb/s XAVC S format contained within an MP4 wrapper with 4:2:0 sampling. In addition to high-resolution internal recording, uncompressed HDMI output also enables the use of an optional external recorder for clean 4K recording with 4:2:2 sampling.
- Slow & Quick (S&Q) mode allows shooters to capture Full HD video at specified steps between 1-120 fps. These settings will allow you to slow down action as well as speed up a slow-moving scene.
- No recording limit for movie recording, allowing for longer takes and uninterrupted shooting of live events.
Camera Body Design
- Built for portable applications and one-handed use, the camera incorporates a large right-hand grip and intuitive physical control layout.
- Grip design, along with the vari-angle LCD, also suits working from front-facing angles, such as when vlogging or taking selfies.
- Integrated zoom lever surrounds the shutter button and works in conjunction with select Power Zoom lenses.
- Vari-angle screen can be closed against the body, with the screen facing inward, to automatically power off the camera even when the power switch is set to 'On'.
- Dedicated Movie Record, Background Defocus, Product Showcase, and S&Q buttons provide direct access to common features used by vloggers.
- Included NP-FW50 battery is rated for up to 440 shots or approximately 125 minutes of recording per charge. Power can also be supplied to the camera through the USB Type-C port or by using the optional AC-PW20AM AC adapter.
Wireless and Sharing
- Built-in Bluetooth and Wi-Fi connectivity enables instant transferring of imagery to mobile devices for direct sharing online to social networking, via email, and to cloud storage sites. Once connected, the linked mobile device can also display a live view image on its screen and, using Smart Remote Control, remotely control the camera's shutter release.
- The ZV-E10 is also compatible with the Movie Edit add-on from the Imaging Edge mobile app.
- Bluetooth connectivity enables connecting to the optional GP-VPT2BT Wireless Shooting Grip for efficient camera control.
|Lens Mount||Sony E|
|Sensor Type||23.5 x 15.6 mm (APS-C) CMOS|
|Sensor Resolution||Actual: 25 Megapixel|
Effective: 24.2 Megapixel (6000 x 4000)
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Digital (Video Only)|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 32000 (Extended: 50 to 51200)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
1/4000 to 30 Second
1/4000 to 1/4 Second in Movie Mode
|Metering Method||Center-Weighted Average, Multi-Zone, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Auto, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-5 to +5 EV (1/3, 1/2 EV Steps)|
|Metering Range||-2 to 20 EV|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature Filter, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 11 fps at 24.2 MP for up to 116 Frames (JPEG) / 46 Frames (Raw)|
|Recording Modes||XAVC S 4:2:0 8-Bit|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 24.00p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
|External Recording Modes||4:2:2 8-Bit|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) up to 29.97p
|Recording Limit||Unlimited for UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 29.97p|
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Focus Type||Auto and Manual Focus|
|Focus Mode||Automatic (A), Continuous-Servo AF (C), Direct Manual Focus (DMF), Manual Focus (M), Single-Servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Phase Detection: 425|
Contrast Detection: 425
|Autofocus Sensitivity||-3 to +20 EV|
|Display Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Fill Flash, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync|
|Maximum Sync Speed||1/160 Second|
|Flash Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|Dedicated Flash System||TTL|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Media/Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid (UHS-I)|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, 3.5mm Headphone, USB Type-C (USB 3.1), HDMI D (Micro)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
|Battery||1 x NP-FW50 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion, 7.2 VDC, 1080 mAh (Approx. 440 Shots)|
|Dimensions (W x H x D)||4.5 x 2.5 x 1.8" / 115.2 x 64.2 x 44.8 mm|
|Weight||12.1 oz / 343 g (Body with Battery and Memory)|
What's In The Box
- Sony ZV-E10 Mirrorless Camera (Body Only, White)
- Micro-USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Wind Screen
- Limited 1-Year Warranty