Want to work with Videocraft?
Our mission is to provide the best quality facilities, knowledge and support to our customers in the production industry with cutting edge, effective and innovative solutions for the acquisition, production and delivery of media.Videocraft is committed to:
· Creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment for its quality, service and personnel.
· Delivery of a service that exceeds our customers expectations.
· Ensuring all employees are fully trained in the skills required to carry out their role, as defined in their job description.
Current opportunities at Videocraft
VIDEO PRODUCTION EQUIPMENT SALES
Videocraft is Australia’s largest dealer specialising in sales and rentals of broadcast and professional video production equipment and systems, including their design and installation. We provide the systems for some of Australia’s largest TV productions and sporting events. Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Blackmagic Design and Avid are among our key products, along with a wide range of quality complementary products.
We are seeking an enthusiastic and self-motivated salesperson with a strong customer service orientation to expand our sales team in Artarmon, and to support our fast-growing online business.
This is a responsible full-time position requiring commitment and a desire to develop your skills and career. The focus of the role is to serve customers via telephone enquiries, in the showroom, and through online sales of professional and broadcast video production equipment and accessories. There will be some admin responsibilities in the role.
Sales experience with professional or consumer video equipment would be a great advantage, which you may have gained in a consumer big box retail environment, or an online business. Those without experience selling video equipment but who have retail and customer service experience and who have a passion for video production should still apply.
We would expect that you have relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equipment operation experience which you may have gained professionally or in your own time. Either way, a good base of technical skills, including strong computer literacy, and a passion for the gear are a requirement.
This is a busy environment working as part of a friendly team. You should have an outgoing personality, good attention to detail, be well organised, able to work with minimal supervision and be comfortable in the online and social media worlds.
Please outline why you think you could be the right candidate in a cover letter. Please send your application and CV to email@example.com
Freelance Technical Directors
Videocraft is seeking the services of freelance technical television people for our busy and expanding rental business. The work would suit someone currently working freelance in OB or studio, in a technical director or engineering capacity, however many of our jobs also involve some operational skill, so we would also consider candidates with strong operational and/ or technical background. The job would involve sporadic and diverse work, coming out of our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices. Certain jobs involve interstate and international travel. We deal with a broad variety of clients and its never the same job twice. We are seeking motivated individuals to work as part of a team or unsupervised, to deliver the high standards our clients expect on these jobs
Skills that would be of an advantage would include:
· A passion for all things technical in Television Production
· Basic engineering-level understanding of SDI, reference, timecode, analogue and digital audio, RTS comms signal paths.
· Computer networking as used in modern television facilities.
· Ability to setup and CCU camera chains, at a variety of levels from Sony EX3’s through to HDC1500 studio cameras, with associated lenses, tripods, CCU’s and RCP’s.
· Familiarity with the setup and operation of vision switchers from small Panasonic to Sony MVS series.
· Setup and operational experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles and peripherals.
· EVS technical or operational experience
· Avid technical or operational skills
· Previous Production, technical or operational experience in a studio or OB environment would be essential
· Client service and crew management skills a definite advantage.
Training would be provided. If you have some or all of these skills and are looking for occasional work with our dynamic company, then please forward your CV using the link below