Working at Videocraft
Want to work with Videocraft?
Our mission is to provide the best quality facilities, knowledge and support to our customers in the production industry with cutting edge, effective and innovative solutions for the acquisition, production and delivery of media.
Videocraft is committed to:
· Creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment for its quality, service and personnel.
· Delivery of a service that exceeds our customers expectations.
· Ensuring all employees are fully trained in the skills required to carry out their role, as defined in their job description.
Current opportunities at Videocraft
Rentals/Broadcast Engineer – Video Production Equipment – APPLY ON SEEK
- Exciting hands-on role with the latest in video production gear
- Work with a young and committed team
- Convenient Artarmon location
Exciting newly created hands-on role to lead and teach the rentals team – an opportunity to put your experience and love of technology to good use.
Videocraft is a well-established sales and rentals company specialising in providing innovative solutions to the Australian broadcast television and production industry. We have a large inventory of the best, up to the minute broadcast equipment from all major manufacturers including Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Avid and EVS and a team of focussed, talented people who care about delivering the best possible results to our clients. We are expanding our Sydney crew so now have a vacancy for a rentals systems engineer to lead the rentals prep team and work to expand our customer base and product offering. This is based in our Artarmon office and is perfect for someone who would love a hands-on equipment role.
This is a responsible, full time, hands on position and duties include:
- handling phone and in store rentals enquiries and bookings
- preparation, cleaning and testing of equipment and checking on return
- arranging on time deliveries (good knowledge of Sydney and suburbs is pretty handy)
- creating documents
- training, mentoring and guiding junior staff
- overseeing quality control
- client support relating to user or technical problems
- following company processes and procedures
The successful applicant requires:
- passion for the equipment and getting the best out of it
- experience in a hands-on rentals role or operational environment in the video production industry
- fitness, enthusiasm, a bright, cheery personality and a desire to succeed
- ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- technical aptitude and strong computer skills
- attention to detail – absolutely essential in every aspect of this role
- excellent communication skills; a warm and confident phone manner with clear spoken English
- exceptional organisational and prioritising skills
- current clean driving licence
Desired skills include any or all of the following:
- Current experience in the operation of Sony broadcast cameras, EVS servers, RTS and Riedel communications systems, VSM control systems, digital cinema cameras from Canon, Sony, ARRI, Yamaha and Lawo audio consoles, Avid and Adobe editing systems.
Recent experience in a similar role or recent relevant product knowledge will be a distinct advantage, although we will consider applicants who have a genuine passion and aptitude in this equipment and industry. Training will be provided in our equipment, software and processes. Salary is negotiable according to age and experience. You must be a permanent Australian resident and living in Australia.
If you believe you can tick most of the above boxes, and are prepared to work hard in a friendly team environment, please send your application and CV via Seek to firstname.lastname@example.org by 5.00 on Friday, 22nd June.
New Business Development – Broadcast Video Production – APPLY ON SEEK
- Newly created role to develop new business in equipment sales and rentals
- Video production equipment sales or industry experience is a definite advantage
- Work with a young and dynamic team to build new opportunities
New role created to find and develop new opportunities in the broadcast television field for both our equipment sales and rentals businesses.
Videocraft is an established, innovative sales and rentals company in the broadcast television and video production industry. Our key suppliers are Sony, Panasonic, Canon, Avid, EVS and we have a broad, up to date rental inventory of quality broadcast equipment from all major manufacturers, along with a team of focused, talented people who care about delivering the best possible result to our clients.
This is a new role based in our Artarmon office and requires a dynamic person to focus on developing new business opportunities and building relationships in a wide ranging role, including all of the services that Videocraft have to offer.
Ideally, you will have current industry experience in a video production, post production, AV or broadcast technology environment, along with a practical mind and the ability to think laterally to come up with solutions for the inevitable challenges that occur. Current relevant experience in live broadcast, major events, equipment sales or a hands-on rentals environment would be a distinct advantage, but we are also happy to talk with you if you love broadcast technology, have technical aptitude and a range of relevant experience.
You will have direct client contact to ascertain their requirements and outcomes, prepare quotes and tenders, and maintain client contact throughout the supply process and beyond. You will be able to work with our engineering team to ensure that systems are designed and delivered at the highest level of quality and performance. You will need to familiarise yourself with Videocraft’s inventory and have a flexible and creative approach to providing solutions.
We need a great communicator with a bright, confident personality, drive and initiative, strong people skills and the ability to develop and maintain both staff and client relationships. Following processes and procedures and understanding the importance of attention to detail is critical in all aspects of this role. A pleasant and confident telephone manner and clear spoken English are essential, as are strong IT skills and a current drivers’ licence. Training will be provided where required for our equipment, systems and software. Salary package is negotiable and will be based on experience and what unique and relevant skills you bring. You must be a permanent resident of Australia.
If you think you have all or many of the qualities we are looking for, please forward your application and CV via Seek to email@example.com by close of business on Friday, 22nd June.
Freelance Technical Directors
Videocraft is seeking the services of freelance technical television people for our busy and expanding rental business. The work would suit someone currently working freelance in OB or studio, in a technical director or engineering capacity, however many of our jobs also involve some operational skill, so we would also consider candidates with strong operational and/ or technical background. The job would involve sporadic and diverse work, coming out of our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices. Certain jobs involve interstate and international travel. We deal with a broad variety of clients and its never the same job twice. We are seeking motivated individuals to work as part of a team or unsupervised, to deliver the high standards our clients expect on these jobs
Skills that would be of an advantage would include:
· A passion for all things technical in Television Production
· Basic engineering level understanding of SDI, reference, timecode, analogue and digital audio, RTS comms signal paths.
· Computer networking as used in modern television facilities.
· Ability to setup and CCU camera chains, at a variety of levels from Sony EX3’s through to HDC1500 studio cameras, with associated lenses, tripods, CCU’s and RCP’s.
· Familiarity with the setup and operation of vision switchers from small Panasonic to Sony MVS series.
· Setup and operational experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles and peripherals.
· EVS technical or operational experience
· Avid technical or operational skills
· Previous Production, technical or operational experience in a studio or OB environment would be essential
· Client service and crew management skills a definite advantage.
Training would be provided. If you have some or all of these skills, and are looking for occasional work with our dynamic company, then please forward your CV using the link below