Working at Videocraft
Want to work with Videocraft?
Our mission is to provide the best quality facilities, knowledge and support to our customers in the production industry with cutting edge, effective and innovative solutions for the acquisition, production and delivery of media.
Videocraft is committed to:
· Creating and maintaining a continuous improvement environment for its quality, service and personnel.
· Delivery of a service that exceeds our customers expectations.
· Ensuring all employees are fully trained in the skills required to carry out their role, as defined in their job description.
Current opportunities at Videocraft
BROADCAST SYSTEMS ENGINEER
Videocraft is a leading provider of professional video and broadcast television production equipment as well as live production and post-production systems. Due to continued growth, we require the immediate services of an experienced, competent and self-motivated engineer to support our broadcast and system integration business based at our Artarmon location.
We are seeking an enthusiastic person with the aptitude and willingness to expand your knowledge and skills in a dynamic project-driven environment where we work with the latest technology.
This is a responsible, full-time position requiring commitment, common sense, flexibility and initiative. In the role you will concentrate on:
- Systems design, integration, set up, and implementation both for sales, rentals and major events
- After-sales and technical support (both on-site and remotely)
- On-site technical support at major sporting events, television productions and similar occasions where on-call technical support is required for the duration of the event
Skills which would be an advantage include:
- Experience in basic video, audio, control and data systems, as used in modern broadcasting and OB environments
- Demonstrated experience in the installation, maintenance and troubleshooting of digital video and audio systems
- Good working knowledge of networking broadcast equipment in an IT-based environment
- Knowledge of Lawo VSM, Sony Vision Mixers, routing systems etc.
- Excellent demonstrated interpersonal, technical and analytical skills and the ability to work calmly under pressure in fast-paced ‘on-air’ environments are essential
- Ability to work unsupervised is essential, and people management skills would be an advantage
- AutoCAD, VidCAD or similar drafting skills are also desirable
Whilst preference may be given to experienced persons, if you fulfil most of the above criteria, have passion, aptitude and willingness to bring your skills up to a higher level, your application will be considered. We will also consider candidates from a systems integration background.
You must be prepared to work hard in a friendly team environment, possess excellent communication and organisational skills, be comfortable with a degree of ambiguity, and be able to think on run.
Regular travel to various locations locally and nationally will be required. Extended hours, after hours and weekend work, will be required at times.
A current driving licence is essential and you must have permanent residency in Australia.
Remuneration package is negotiable and your experience will be well rewarded. Please send your application and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
RENTALS DEPARTMENT TEAM LEADER – Broadcast and professional video equipment
Videocraft is an industry-leading sales and rentals company providing innovative solutions to the broadcast television and production industry. We have an amazing and broad inventory of the best, up to the minute TV Broadcast and Digital Cinema equipment from all the major manufacturers in the industry and a team of focussed, talented people who care about delivering the best possible results to our clients.
This is a new role based in our Artarmon office intended to increase inventory utilisation by establishing and rebuilding relationships with new, existing and previous customers. It is perfect for someone with a passion for the production and broadcast industry who is ready for new challenges and can provide excellence in customer service, both in-person and via phone.
This is a responsible, full time, position and includes:
- handling phone and in-store rentals enquiries, advice and bookings
- following up all enquiries promptly and professionally
- supervising preparation, cleaning and testing of equipment and checking on return
- transport logistics management (good knowledge of Sydney and suburbs is pretty handy)
- training, mentoring and supervising junior staff
- overseeing quality control
- client support relating to the user or technical problems
- creating documentation, following company processes and procedures
The successful applicant requires:
- passion for technology
- maturity and initiative
- proven ability in customer service roles – a hands-on role in rentals or operational environment in the video production industry, Outside Broadcast or with a technology retailer would be a great advantage
- fitness, enthusiasm, a bright, cheery personality and a desire to succeed
- ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- technical aptitude and strong computer skills
- attention to detail is absolutely essential in every aspect of this role
- excellent communication skills; a warm, bright and confident phone manner
- exceptional organisational and prioritising skills
- current clean driving licence
- a ‘can do’ attitude, making things happen when it doesn’t seem possible!
Recent experience in a similar role or recent relevant product knowledge would be a distinct advantage, although we will consider applicants with retail experience who can demonstrate genuine passion and aptitude with this equipment and industry. Training will be provided in our equipment, software and processes.
Salary is negotiable according to experience. You must be a permanent Australian resident and currently living in Australia.
If you believe you are up for the challenge, can tick most of the above boxes and are prepared to work hard in a friendly team environment, please send your application and CV to email@example.com
Freelance Technical Directors
Videocraft is seeking the services of freelance technical television people for our busy and expanding rental business. The work would suit someone currently working freelance in OB or studio, in a technical director or engineering capacity, however many of our jobs also involve some operational skill, so we would also consider candidates with strong operational and/ or technical background. The job would involve sporadic and diverse work, coming out of our Sydney, Melbourne and Canberra offices. Certain jobs involve interstate and international travel. We deal with a broad variety of clients and its never the same job twice. We are seeking motivated individuals to work as part of a team or unsupervised, to deliver the high standards our clients expect on these jobs
Skills that would be of an advantage would include:
· A passion for all things technical in Television Production
· Basic engineering level understanding of SDI, reference, timecode, analogue and digital audio, RTS comms signal paths.
· Computer networking as used in modern television facilities.
· Ability to setup and CCU camera chains, at a variety of levels from Sony EX3’s through to HDC1500 studio cameras, with associated lenses, tripods, CCU’s and RCP’s.
· Familiarity with the setup and operation of vision switchers from small Panasonic to Sony MVS series.
· Setup and operational experience with Yamaha digital audio consoles and peripherals.
· EVS technical or operational experience
· Avid technical or operational skills
· Previous Production, technical or operational experience in a studio or OB environment would be essential
· Client service and crew management skills a definite advantage.
Training would be provided. If you have some or all of these skills, and are looking for occasional work with our dynamic company, then please forward your CV using the link below