AJA Video Systems today announced the KUMO v3.0 firmware update to enable Dual Link, 4K and Ultra HD support in its KUMO family of compact SDI routers. Available in super-compact 1RU or 2RU form factors and with support for 3G/HD/SD-SDI, cost-effective KUMO routers are ideal for any production environment from mobile production trucks to live event A/V rigs. KUMO routers are available in three configurations: KUMO 3232 supports thirty-two 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, KUMO 1616 supports sixteen 3G-SDI inputs and outputs, and KUMO 1604 supports sixteen 3G-SDI inputs and four 3G-SDI outputs. The new KUMO firmware also supports ganged dual and quad port routing, allowing users to group together multiple inputs and outputs for Dual Link, 4K and Ultra HD workflows.
Additional key features include:
- Full broadcast specifications over 3G-SDI, HD-SDI and SD-SDI
- Grass Valley Native Protocol support over RS-422 and Ethernet
- Integrated webserver allows browser-based HTTP LAN control and monitoring
- Elegant and simple Bonjour and Zeroconfig LAN configuration
- Designed for professional performance with rugged construction, high-quality connectors, and redundant power supplies
“Future proofing our products for anticipated workflow needs is a priority for AJA’s engineers, and this firmware release for our KUMO routers adds support for 4K and Ultra HD,” Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems said. “In addition to SD and HD, every KUMO can now route 2 or 4 grouped 3G-SDI connections, supporting uncompressed or RAW 4K and UltraHD signals.”
AJA’s KUMO routers are backed by AJA’s world-class support network, a five-year international warranty, and advanced exchange service. New v3.0 firmware is available now to KUMO owners for no additional charge at www.aja.com/en/products/kumo/#support. For a complete list of features and technical specifications, please visitwww.aja.com.