AJA Video Systems today announced TruZoom™ delivering high-quality region-of-interest (ROI) workflows from 4K and UltraHD video. The TruZoom software and external joystick controller drives AJA’s Corvid Ultra professional video I/O platfrom. TruZoom allows customers to scale any 16:9 region within 4K frames to HD in realtime, making it ideal for sports broadcast, live event production, professional AV, and digital film.
“Corvid Ultra is a powerful solution for high frame rate workflows across a range of resolutions, from SD all the way up to 4K. With the release of TruZoom, we’re offering a simple front end interface for very high-quality HD region-of-interest scaling and extraction from 4K sources,” said Nick Rashby, President, AJA Video Systems. “TruZoom has already been proven in critical on-air broadcast environments, including the MLB Network, who was very pleased with its performance during the baseball Division Series playoff games.”
- Region of Interest scaling for HD extraction from 4K and UltraHD sources
- High-quality scaling utilizing the AJA Corvid Ultra with TruScale™
- Support for High Frame Rate (HFR) and 4:4:4 workflows
- Work with realtime signals, or recorded uncompressed files
- Instant realtime playback and interaction at the highest quality
- All parameters are key-frameable
- Intuitive interface with on-screen indicators
- Includes external joystick and keypad controller
- Optional realtime RAW Debayer firmware for Canon C500
- Compatible with the latest HP workstations running Windows
About AJA Corvid Ultra
Corvid Ultra facilitates high-bandwidth, high frame rate production needs as well as high-quality scaling capabilities for all resolutions. With support for high frame rates (48p, 50p, 60p), UHD, 4K and stereoscopic workflows, onboard debayering and two expandable card bays, Corvid Ultra provides maximum performance for the most critical applications. Corvid Ultra interfaces to computers via its 8-lane PCIe 2.0 interface card, which connects to the 2RU Corvid Ultra chassis via its tether cable. Corvid Ultra’s TruScale arbitrary scaling engine option allows high-quality up or down scaling of any raster from tiny web video up to 4K. TruScale is real-time and keyframeable, allowing scaling parameters to be changed on a frame-by-frame basis allowing real-time “zoom” effects while maintaining pristine image quality. It also enables many new and exciting workflows including real-time pan-and-scan of 4K to HD. Corvid Ultra can be expanded with up to two TruScale cards for multi-stream scaling of up to 4K images. Optional realtime RAW Debayer firmware is also available to support the Canon C500.