Panasonic Lumix GH5S Mirrorless Digital Camera Body Only
- 10.28MP Multi Aspect Ratio MOS Sensor
- DCI 4K60p and Full HD 1080/240p Video
- Internal 4:2:2 10-Bit Long GOP
- V-Log L Gamma and HDR Hybrid Log Gamma
- 0.76x 3.68m-Dot OLED Viewfinder
- 3.2" 1.62m-Dot Free-Angle Touchscreen
- Dual Native ISO 400 and ISO 2500
- Dual UHS-II SD Slots; Wi-Fi & Bluetooth
- Advanced DFD AF System
- 12 fps Cont. Shooting and 4K PHOTO Modes
The Panasonic Lumix DC-GH5S mirrorless Micro Four Thirds camera is optimized for movie recording and low-light performance. Revolving around a 10.28MP Digital Live MOS sensor, DCI and UHD 4K video recording is possible at up to 60p and the large individual pixel size also affords impressive low-light performance to an extended ISO 204800, along with Dual Native ISO technology at ISO 400 and ISO 2500. Coupled with an updated Venus Engine, the sensor and processor combination also enables faster readout speeds along with 1.3x less rolling shutter distortion compared to previous GH-series cameras. Internal DCI 4K30p recording is available with 4:2:2 10-bit sampling and a full-size HDMI A connector can be used to simultaneously output to an optional external monitor or recorder. The sensor's extended sensitivity range has also been used to promote working with V-Log L and Hybrid Log Gamma HDR modes for effectively increasing your dynamic range and affording more flexibility when color grading during post-production.
Beyond its video prowess, the GH5S is no slouch when it comes to stills shooting, either. The sensor and Venus Engine combination enable recording 14-bit raw files with a top continuous shooting rate of 12 fps with single-shot AF, or up to 8 fps with continuous autofocus. Borrowing from the video side, 4K PHOTO modes are also available for shooting 8MP stills at up to 60 fps. Benefitting stills, the Depth-From-Defocus AF system works quickly and accurately using 225 dedicated AF areas, and is sensitive to -5 EV luminance for working in extreme low-light conditions.
10.28MP Digital Live MOS Sensor and Venus Engine
Engineered specifically for low-light shooting and high-resolution video recording, a 10.28MP Digital Live MOS sensor is featured, along with an optimized Venus Engine for clean color detail and texture along with fast readout speeds. Using Multipixel Luminance Generation and Intelligent Detail Processing, it will maximize sharpness and detail as well as accuracy in a variety of lighting conditions.
DCI and UHD 4K Video Recording
Specifically geared for video shooting, the GH5S features a versatile and capable range of video specs, including the ability to internally record DCI 4K at up to 60 fps and 150 Mbps with 4:2:0 8-bit Long GOP; 30 fps and 150 Mbps with 4:2:2 10-bit Long GOP; and 24 fps and 400 Mbps with 4:2:2 10-bit ALL-I. UHD 4K recording is also supported along with Full HD at up to 240 fps for slow-motion playback. A full-size HDMI port is present on the camera for high-quality output at 4:2:2 10-bit in all settings for use with external monitors and recorders.
Stills Recording and Depth-From-Defocus AF System
Beyond just a video camera, the GH5S is also adept at recording stills. Using the unique sensor architecture, the low-light capabilities and fast readout speeds make it ideal for working in difficult lighting conditions and for photographing fast-moving subjects. For 12-bit raw shooting, and when working with AF-S, continuous shooting up to 12 fps is possible, along with a top 8 fps shooting rate with AF-C. For greater color information, a 14-bit raw recording setting can also be used, and 11 fps and 7 fps continuous shooting rates are available.
4K PHOTO Modes
- Burst: This mode will allow you to continuously record, making it ideal for instances where you need a fast frame rate in order to capture the best moment.
- Pre-Burst: This mode is ideal for times when you're unsure of the critical moment to press the shutter button and will record images one second prior to and one second after pressing the shutter button in order to give you 60 frames to choose from.
- Burst (S/S): This mode most closely follows the video recording process, and allows you to playback your video, pause at the chosen moment, and use the shutter button to mark a chosen frame from the video and save it as a single 8MP frame.
|Focus Type||Auto & Manual|
|Focus Mode||Continuous-Servo AF (C), Flexible (AFF), Manual Focus (M), Single-servo AF (S)|
|Autofocus Points||Contrast Detection: 225|
|Self Timer||10 Seconds, 2 Seconds|
|Connectivity||1/8" Headphone, 1/8" Microphone, 2.5mm Sub-mini (2-Ring), HDMI A (Full Size), USB 3.0, USB Type-C, Viera Link, X-Sync Socket|
|Battery||1 x DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-Ion Battery Pack, 7.2 VDC, 1860 mAh|
14 to 104°F (-10 to 40°C)
Humidity: 10 - 80%
What's In The Box
- DMW-BLF19 Rechargeable Lithium-ion Battery Pack (7.2V, 1860mAh)
- DMW-BTC10 Battery Charger
- Body Cap
- Hot Shoe Cover
- Eye Cup
- Flash Sync Socket Cap
- Battery Grip Connector Cover
- USB Cable
- Shoulder Strap
- Cable Holder
- BNC Converter Cable
- Limited 1-Year Warranty