Rode VideoMic Pro R - Super Cardioid Condenser Microphone with Rycote Onboard
- All new capsule with lower noise and higher sensitivity
- Rycote Lyre shock mounting onboard
- Broadcast recording quality condenser microphone
- Compact form factor (150mm/6" length)
- 9V battery powered - over 70 hours use (alkaline)
- Integrated foam windscreen
- Two step High Pass Filter (flat, 80Hz)
- Camera shoe mount with 3/8" thread for easy boompole mounting
- Ultra lightweight (85g/3oz)
- Integrated shock mounting
- 3.5mm stereo mini-jack output (dual mono)
- Three position level control (-10dB, 0, +20dB)
The RØDE VideoMic Pro R is a true shotgun microphone, designed for use with camcorders, DSLR cameras and portable audio recorders. The Rode VMPR features the acclaimed Rycote Lyre suspension system, along with an upgraded microphone capsule, improving both the physical characteristics and audio performance of the microphone.
Originally released in 2010, the Rode VideoMic Pro quickly became an industry standard on-camera shotgun microphone for professionals and enthusiasts alike. With its small form factor, superior audio quality and industry first +20db level boost, it was the perfect companion for DSLR cameras as they became the go-to device for high definition video capture.
The Rycote Lyre suspension system is widely regarded as the best microphone shock mounting solution available. Featuring a suspension structure composed of a hard-wearing thermoplastic, it is far more effective at minimising unwanted vibrations, handling and cable-borne noise than traditional elastic suspensions. Virtually indestructible, the Rycote Lyre will never sag, snap, wear out or require rethreading to maintain its effectiveness.
Completing the upgrade is an all-new microphone capsule, giving the 2015 VideoMic Pro even higher sensitivity and lower self-noise, ensuring crystal clear audio capture over a wider dynamic range.
- Acoustic Principle: Line Gradient
- Directional Pattern: Super-Cardioid
- Frequency Range: 40Hz ~ 20,000Hz (selectable HPF@80Hz)
- Sensitivity: -32 dB re 1V/Pa (20mV @ 94dB SPL) ? 2dB @ 1KHz
- Output Impedence: 200Ω
- Equivalent Noise: 14dB
- Maximum Output: +6.9dBu (@ 1% THD into 1kΩ)
- Dynamic Range: 120dB (as per IEC651) Maximum SPL 134dB (@ 1kHz, 1% THD into 1kΩ load)
- Signal/Noise: 80db
- Power Req. : 9V alkaline battery (Current 7.8mA)
- Dimensions: 75mm x 100mm x 170mm (2.95? x 3.93? x 6.69?)
- Output Connection: 3.5mm stereo mini-jack (dual mono)
- Net Weight: 85g
What's In The Box
- 10 year warranty with online registration at www.rodemic.com/warranty