Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Vloggers
- Micro HDMI Output
- Mi Shoe
- 20.1MP 1" Exmor RS BSI CMOS Sensor
- ZEISS 24-70mm-Equiv. f/1.8-2.8 Lens
- UHD 4K25p Video with HLG & S-Log3 Gammas
- 3.0" Side Flip-Out Touchscreen LCD
- Note Webcam functionality video only
Note: Also available in Kits
The Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera for Vloggers is a purpose-built compact camera blending the proven imaging capabilities of the RX100-series platform with an updated physical design for more efficient content creation. Featuring a side flip-out 3.0" touchscreen and a directional 3-capsule microphone that are perfect for front-facing recording, the Sony ZV-1 also caters to this crowd with the Product Showcase Setting, Background Defocus function, Soft Skin Effect, and Face Priority Auto-Exposure.
Inside, the ZV-1 has some familiar imaging attributes in the form of a 20.1MP 1"-type Exmor RS stacked CMOS sensor and BIONZ X image processor, with front-end LSI, which contributes to impressively fast performance along with wide-ranging sensitivity to suit working in a variety of conditions. The processing capabilities avail Real-Time Eye AF and Real-Time Tracking for quick and precise focusing and subject tracking. In terms of video specs, UHD 4K recording at 30p is supported with no recording limit to allow for longer takes, and a micro-HDMI port can be used to conjunction with an external recorder or monitor if desired. Footage is also benefitted by Sony's S-Log2 and HLG picture profiles that match up with their professional cine cameras for refined color, dynamic range, and detail when recording.
Note: Web Camera functionality for video only. We recommend bundling with either a Camlink 4K Dongle or Blackmagic Atem Mini to get the full quality functionality using the Sony ZV1 camera as a web camera.
- Rear 3.0" 921.6k-dot LCD touchscreen features a side flip-out design that is ideal for filming yourself or taking selfies in a natural and intuitive manner.
- Since the screen flips out to the side, the top plate has been redesigned to incorporate a directional 3-capsule microphone that is specifically designed for forward-directional audio recording. Also, a dedicated wind screen for the built-in mic is included to help achieve cleaner audio when working outdoors.
- Both a 3.5mm microphone port and a Multi Interface Shoe are also featured for greater accessory compatibility.
- Compact and lightweight body design is complemented by an easy-to-hold right-hand grip that makes one-handed operation more comfortable and efficient. There is also a large REC button for quick recognition.
- Front tally lamp serves as a visual indicator for when recording is occurring.
- Product Showcase setting is ideal for vlogging and product showcases and allows for quick and smooth focus transitions between a subject's face and an object placed in front of the lens.
- Background Defocus lets you immediately switch to the maximum aperture setting (f/1.8-2.8), using a custom button function, for isolating your subject using shallow depth of field and bokeh. A built-in ND filter benefits using this mode in bright lighting conditions by controlling overexposure.
- Face-Priority AE detects the subject's face and adjusts the exposure to ensure the face is depicted in an ideal brightness, even if walking from a bright place into shade. The AE technology also suppresses abrupt changes in exposure if the subject quickly turns away from the frame to eliminate unexpected blown-out or extremely dark shots.
- Refined color science helps to optimize skin tones for any subject, in both still and video modes, in order to achieve a healthy and natural look that is inclusive of different ages, genders, and ethnicity.
- Soft Skin Effect can be used to soften and smooth wrinkles or blemishes on a subject's face to create a natural, smooth complexion. The default setting is Mid and can be adjusted to Off, Low, or Hi.
- Active SteadyShot is an advanced image stabilization mode that ensures steady video while moving, even when handheld shooting while walking. This mode combines optical and electronic stabilization methods for more effective results—when recording HD video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 11 times more than with standard SteadyShot; when recording 4K video with Active mode, camera shake is reduced by up to 8 times more than with standard SteadyShot.
|Pixels||Effective: 20.1 Megapixel|
|Maximum Resolution||5472 x 3648|
|Aspect Ratio||1:1, 3:2, 4:3, 16:9|
|Image File Format||JPEG, Raw|
|Image Stabilization||Digital, Optical|
|Focal Length||9.4 to 25.7mm (35mm Equivalent Focal Length: 24 to 70mm)|
|Digital Zoom||16.3x Maximum (44x Combined Zoom)|
|Maximum Aperture||f/1.8 to 2.8|
|Focus Range||1.97" to Infinity / 5 cm to Infinity (Wide)|
11.81" to Infinity / 30 cm to Infinity (Telephoto)
|Optical Design||10 Elements in 9 Groups|
|ISO Sensitivity||Auto, 100 to 12800 (Extended: 64 to 25600)|
|Shutter Speed||Mechanical Shutter|
1/2000 to 30 Second
1/2000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
1/32000 to 30 Second
1/32000 to 4 Second in Auto Mode
|Metering Method||Average, Center-Weighted Average, Multi, Spot|
|Exposure Modes||Aperture Priority, Manual, Program, Shutter Priority|
|Exposure Compensation||-3 to +3 EV (1/3 EV Steps)|
|White Balance||Auto, Cloudy, Color Temperature, Custom, Daylight, Flash, Fluorescent (Cool White), Fluorescent (Day White), Fluorescent (Daylight), Fluorescent (Warm White), Incandescent, Shade, Underwater|
|Continuous Shooting||Up to 24 fps at 20.1 MP|
|Recording Modes||MP4/XAVC S|
UHD 4K (3840 x 2160) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p [60 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 23.976p/25p/29.97p/50p/59.94p/100p/119.88p [16 to 100 Mb/s]
Full HD (1920 x 1080) at 50i/59.94i [17 to 24 Mb/s]
|Audio Recording||Built-In Microphone (Stereo)|
External Microphone Input (Stereo)
|Audio File Format||AC3, Linear PCM (Stereo)|
|Monitor Resolution||921,600 Dot|
|Monitor Type||Articulating Touchscreen LCD|
|Flash Modes||Auto, Flash On, Off, Rear Sync, Slow Sync|
|External Flash Connection||Hot Shoe|
|Memory Card Slot||Single Slot: SD/SDHC/SDXC/Memory Stick Duo Hybrid|
|Connectivity||3.5mm Microphone, HDMI D (Micro), USB Micro-B (USB 2.0)|
|Operating Temperature||32 to 104°F / 0 to 40°C|
What's In The Box
- Sony ZV-1 Digital Camera
- Micro-USB Cable
- Wind Screen
- Wind Screen Adapter
- Limited 1-Year Warranty