The Manfrotto 608 Nitrotech Fluid Video Head is a flat base fluid video head designed for the versatility needs of the independent content creator who's engaged in different types of projects. Thanks to its flat base with a 3/8"-16 mounting thread, as well as its relatively compact and lightweight design, the head can easily be moved between a compatible tripod and a slider, jib, monopod, and various other gear. One of the key features of the 608 Nitrotech is its Nitrogen gas piston counterbalance mechanism (hence, Nitrotech), which allows continuous counterbalance adjustment—as opposed to stepped or fixed—for the head's full payload range of 0 - 8kg. Additionally, an upgraded fluid technology significantly improves continuously variable drag performance and enables smooth and judder-free pan and tilt movements. Providing further flexibility, the head's camera plate system features a side lock mechanism that allows for quicker and safer mounting of your camera plate and camera load. Instead of having to align and slide in your camera plate from the rear, you're able to conveniently tuck in one side of the plate from the top and then push and click in the other side.
- Flat base with 3/8"-16 mounting thread allowing for use on tripods, sliders, jibs, monopods, and other support gear
- Nitrogen gas piston counterbalance mechanism allowing for continuous counterbalance adjustment for the full payload range of 0 - 8kgs
- Upgraded fluid technology enabling smooth and judder-free pan and tilt movements via continuously variable drag performance
- Easier, safer side lock camera plate mechanism
- Two rosette mounts with a 3/8"-16 port and Manfrotto and ARRI anti-rotation slots for attaching the included pan bar and a standard or anti-twist articulating arm
- 5.9" height