Sound Devices MixPre-3 II 32-Bit 5 Track Field Audio Recorder
The Sound Devices MixPre-3 II 32-Bit 5 Track Field Audio Recorder is an ideal tool for independent filmmakers, field recordists and podcasters who need pristine audio capture of up to three microphones. Record up to three tracks of external sources plus a stereo mix at up to 32-bit / 192 kHz while monitoring your audio headphones. The Sound Devices MixPre-3 II offers many upgrades over its predecessor. Chief among these features is the ability to record at 32-bit floating point. This makes it nearly impossible for you to clip (distort) audio on the way in. Whether you're recording hot or making use of the unit's astounding 142 dB dynamic range, you'll only be handicapped by the quality of your microphone.
- Bit depth up to 32-bit float for increased dynamic range.
- Record up to 192 kHz.
- Faster, more advanced hardware.
- Internal LTC Timecode Generation and Output.
- Adjustable Limiters.
- Auto-copy to USB Drive.
- Pre-roll buffer increased to 10 seconds
- Kashmir Preamps
- Like the original unit, the MixPre-3 II offers class-A Kashmir mic preamps. All inputs are fully RF-filtered to keep interference out.
- On-Board Mixing
- Create a mix using the built-in 3x2 portable mixer.
- Audio Interface Functionality
- When connected to a Mac or Windows computer, the MixPre-3 II can serve as a 5-input / 2-output USB audio interface for your favorite audio recording software. The unit will record three tracks in isolation and provide a stereo mix of all three to boot.
- USB Audio Input
- Stream up to two tracks into the unit over USB, using the MixPre-3 II as a recorder from your host device. If you're a musician, you can utilize this feature to record a stereo mix from your host DAW as a backing track for further standalone recording.
- A Cornucopia of Connections
- For inputs, you'll find three XLR-1/4" combo jacks and a single 3.5mm auxiliary input. Audio output connections are handled over a 3.5mm jack. Timecode I/O is made possible via 3.5mm connections, though you also have the option of HDMI for inputting timecode.
- Adjust on the Fly
- Adjust the limiters, change the bit depth, shift panning and polarity in the stereo mix, and filter out extraneous bass rumble with low-cut filters. Whether you record to an SD card or to your computer over USB, the MixPre-3 II can be customized to your needs.
- Built-In Timecode Generator & Bluetooth Control
- Thanks to the device's timecode generator, you can even trigger recording from the camera. With built-in Bluetooth, you can control the unit over the Wingman app, available from Sound Devices. This app displays high-resolution meters, current timecode, transport buttons, and more.
- Transport and Mounting Options
- The MixPre-3 II is rugged, lightweight, and relatively compact, so you can throw it in a bag or mount it to a tripod or camera.
|Number of Tracks||WAV:|
5 (3 Inputs + Stereo Mix)
|Max Sample Rate/Resolution||192 kHz / 32-Bit|
|Display||1.6" / 40.64 mm Color LCD Touchscreen|
|Memory Card Support||SD, SDHC, SDXC (Up to 512 GB)|
|Power Options||Batteries, USB Bus Power, AC/DC Power Adapter|
|Battery Type||4 x AA (Included)|
2 x L Series (Requires Optional Equipment, Hot-Swappable, Not Included)
|AC/DC Power Adapter||5 VDC (Included)|
|AC Input Power||100 to 240 VAC, 50 / 60 Hz|
What's In The Box
- MX-4AA Battery Sled for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- MX-Charge AC Power Supply for MixPre-3 and MixPre-6
- Limited 1-Year Warranty with 1-Year Extension upon Registration